I’m typing this just before bed and I’m bone tired. Just been one of those weeks. One thing on top of another.
In the past few days, though, I’ve been hit with a fresh dose of perspective. You know, the kind that makes you feel like you got punched in the gut by a semi truck?
And it got me to musing…
– my washing machine broke, I cannot wash clothes…somewhere a mother has nothing to feed her children.
– my baby is not feeling well and is very clingy and fussy…somewhere a set of parents are clinging to each other mourning the loss of their child
– someone treated me rudely…somewhere a young girl has been torn from her family and shipped across the globe to be mistreated, used, and abused
– my husband failed to communicate…somewhere a widow is reeling in shock from her sudden loss
– my kiddos are playing too loud & rowdy and won’t settle down…somewhere a family sits around a hospital bed praying for the best, that their precious one will be well & rowdy again soon
– I’m tired of beginning again, of starting over tomorrow…somewhere, someone just found out that they are all out of “tomorrows”
Suddenly my lot isn’t so bad. My complaints are turned to praises. My discontent & ungratefulness melt away.
When in doubt, check your perspective.